Thursday, May 13, 2010

sketters

so one of my hopes for this blog is to post frequently on things that I cook/create in my kitchen.  Since becoming a SAHM I have discovered that one of my interests is cooking.  I really like taking a recipe and either trying to follow it step by step or changing it to my liking.  Usually the contents of my kitchen determine which task is at hand.

So tonight for dinner, we had 'sketters'.  The rest of you know this as spaghetti.  I really like my sketters recipe.  I soften onions and garlic in butter and olive oil.  Then add ground beef/turkey and salt, pepper, chili powder, dried seasonings and cook until no longer pink.  Then, I simply add a jar of sauce.  You may chastise me for using jarred sauce, but the onions and garlic in the beginning really make a difference in taste.  And, once the sauce is bubbling away, I usually prepare a simple salad, cook some whole wheat...no white flour in this house....noodles, and voila, a wonderful sketters dinner!

It's defintiely a favorite dinner in this house...not only for my husband who could eat all of it himself, but for me too  because it takes exactly two pots to make.  I love that!  And, it's simple...I love simplicity...I am always looking for ways to simplify my life...and this dinner gives me a little ray of the simple life I envision for myself.  And, my daughter likes it too....which is saying a lot right now since her favorite thing to eat is cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment